Quinlan & Cooke Covid-19 Co-Operative
Safe & Clean from Check In to Check Out
We look forward to welcoming you to Quinlan & Cooke Townhouse. We appreciate that you will have heightened concerns regarding hygiene during your stay with us and trust in cleanliness standards will be critical to you in choosing to stay with us.
With that in mind, we have created a programme that will focus on the highest standards of cleanliness and social distancing throughout the entire property. In these unprecedented times, your – and our team’s – safety is our highest priority.
The success of the nationwide battle against Covid-19 was and still is, dependant on all of us working together as a community. You are a vital component in ensuring continued success and we need your commitment to maintaining the following established Covid-19 public health practices and our operational plan:
• Use sanitising stations and wash hands regularly
• Book dinner prior or at check-in
• Observe social distancing with other guests and staff
• Parents must supervise and remain present with children at all times
• Use cards or room charges for all payments, presenting a credit card
• Settle your account the night before you depart
• Please continue to observe the recommendation of the HSE as has been advised by the government since the onset of the Coronavirus
• And if you feel ill or are from a county/town in lockdown or Level 3 or higher, please do not come to Quinlan & Cooke – call us on 066 9472244 and we will be happy to arrange your stay to another time.
Unfortunately, failure to co-operate will leave us with no other option but to ask you to vacate the premises in the interests of public health. Please understand that this for YOUR safety as much as our staff and other guests and to ensure that everyone has a safe and pleasant experience with us.
And so, we have outlined below the new measures put in place as part of our new Quinlan & Cooke Covid-19 Co-Operative that will help to keep all of us safe. This outlines the procedures that underpin our commitment to you and the terms & conditions that we expect of you during your stay with us.
If you have any queries that are not answered below, please contact us on email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to Quinlan & Cooke and we appreciate your custom and collaboration.
Quinlan & Cooke has completed the Fáilte Ireland Infection Prevention Control for Tourism Businesses course and signed up to the COVID-19 Safety Charter Terms and Conditions.
Under this, we have declared that all employees returning to work have completed a comprehensive COVID-19 hygiene and safety control training course in accordance with the COVID-19 Safety Charter Terms and Conditions.
General Cleaning Policy
• Ongoing sanitisation of all public areas throughout the day – you will see more of our Dedicated Hygiene Team. They will be present in public areas much of the day. Their mission will be to sanitise and make safe known “hotspots” such as door handles, bathrooms and counter spaces amongst others. Please always co-operate with them.
• We have a long-running partnership with Ecolab and use their trusted chemistry know-how and focus on the human and environmental impact of their products and recommended practices. We have re-written our cleaning protocols to translate the best practices in HSE and Failte Ireland standards to our hotel guest rooms, public areas and staff areas
• We will be working to ventilate the property so you may see more windows open throughout to keep air circulating and fresh.
• HSE and Fáilte Ireland experts continue to advise us on new technologies and approaches, assist in training development and create a rigorous quality assurance program. This expert advice and assistance helps us to build upon the already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene in Quinlan & Cooke and to ensure that the protocols are not only satisfactory but surpass expectations to ensure the health and safety of all our guests and staff.
⇒ Sanitising stations to be located at numerous locations around the hotel such as inside the front door, at the entrance into restaurants and the leisure centre etc. You are asked to avail of them.
All staff have their temperature checked on arrival at work and any team members recording abnormal temperatures will be asked to stay home.
⇒ We have provided designated areas for staff to prepare for work and adhere to sanitation procedures.
⇒ Gloves to be worn entering and exiting the hotel.
⇒ Social distancing to apply to staff where breaks are staggered and workspaces spread out to a 2m distance.
⇒ Regular Ecolab Training for all our staff to refresh everyone on cleaning and sanitation procedures.
⇒ Team members will be provided with personal protective equipment appropriate to their area of work. A supply of gloves and personal sanitiser for each individual and some department members may require specific equipment such as our team in accommodation and the laundry. Enhanced training will be provided to protect their well-being.
⇒ Individual work kits will be provided depending on the department, for example, restaurant staff kits to include individual order docket book, biro, service cloths, wipes and gloves.
⇒ Prior to arrival on-site, guests will be asked to complete a self-declaration form. This will be sent out by our Reservations team and we appreciate you completing and returning it to us – ideally prior to arrival.
Government Lockdown or Level 3+ Restrictions
Where the government and NPHET decide to lockdown or advise certain counties or locations to remain at home and restrict travel, we regret that we must postpone any bookings from these locations during this timeframe and for 14 days after to protect the health and well-being of our team and other guests. If you are from a location in lockdown or in Level 3 or higher, as you are not permitted to travel, we would love to reschedule your stay with us to another date following the lockdown. Please call us on 066 9472244or email
firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
⇒ Following the Irish Government’s publishing of a “Green List” of approved countries for mutual travel, we can confirm bookings for residents of countries that are on this list straight away. This includes residents from Northern Ireland. Any overseas guests from countries not on the Green List who have been in Ireland and have quarantined will be asked to provide proof of this to confirm their booking. This can be in the form of an airline/ferry ticket or invoice from their place of quarantine. Please visit the Irish Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs website for more details on the Green List and quarantine requirements. If overseas guests arrive without proof, sadly, we will not be able to facilitate their stay. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
⇒ Before arrival, you will be emailed a screening form to complete. This will speed up the check-in process.
⇒ At reception, all guests must use hand sanitizer provided in the sanitisation stations inside the front door and at the reception and please observe social distancing of 2 metres.
⇒ At check in you will not need to touch anything other than the pin-pad and your key card wallet.
• Guests are encouraged to pre-book with us online. If you can do that, our receptionist will have pre-populated guest information so that your interaction will be brief and efficient. If not, please provide full contact details to the receptionist.
• For all payments, we will take card payments or room charges only.
• Upon completion, you will be given your sanitised key card and a map with directions to the stairs to access your room.
• Careful consideration has been given to the preparation and presentation of your room and you might find some things different. For example, we may no longer offer pens and paper as well as in-room folders.
• Our deep clean of “High Touch Areas” will include extra disinfecting of the most frequently touched guest’s room areas such as light switches, door handles, TV remotes, toilet flusher, taps, telephone, and more.
• Staff will change into a new set of PPE before entering each room to reduce the risk of cross-contamination.
• When a guest room is vacated after a stay, all material will be removed and cleaned from the room (even if unused), including bed linen, towels, bathrobes, bathmats, and all amenities such glasses, coasters etc.
• All surfaces will be sprayed both vertically and horizontally with Ecolab cleaning products and left so that the agents have time to work. They will then be cleaned down again paying attention to the high touchpoints.
• Our deep clean process will include washing down all tiles, grouting, tissue boxes as well as hoovering and washing all floors.
• The whole room will be sprayed with sanitising solution and window left open.
• When the supervisor/ manager checks the room, (s)he will re-sanitise all high touch points again while doing so to ensure “double sanitisation”.
Dining with Us
⇒ To maintain social distancing, you must make a reservation for dinner so that we may control the numbers dining at any one time.
⇒ You are asked to avail of the sanitisation stations located at the entrance to restaurant.
⇒ Children must dine with parents at all times.
• We will use disposable items for single-use where possible i.e. menus, paper napkins, individually wrapped condiments, butter, jam, ketchup and salt and pepper sachets.
• Our team will play their part and each team member will have their own workstation exercising ongoing cleaning and sanitisation and will maintain the appropriate distance when taking an order.
• When dining, we may take only card or room charges only as payment.•
Good Clean Fun – Things to Do on your stay with Quinlan & Cooke.
1. Book a trip to the UNESCO world heritage site “The Skelligs”, the pair of rocks lying far out in the wild Atlantic Ocean, which has the remains of a 6th century monastery, considered by many to be the best preserved Christian site in the world.
2. Visit Derrynane House and learn the fascinating story behind of of Ireland “ Most Historic and Beautiful House”
3. Hire a bike from Casey’s Cycles and discover many of the loop cycles, over the water, the Laharn Loop
4. Hit up the blue flag local beaches
5. Enjoy nearby looped walks
6. Take a beautiful scenic drive the Ring of Kerry, Skellig Ring, Dingle Pennisla
⇒ In order to observe social distancing and to avoid queuing in the morning, full payment is taken on check in, guests are advised to settle all other bills/account in the evening before departure .