We are very lucky to live in Cahersiveen, to experience its history and beauty on a daily basis. So we thought we would let you some of our favourite things to do.
1. Visit Skellig Michael – There is a World UNESCO Site right in our back yard, 12 km off the coast of Portmagee (only a short spin down the road from Cahersiveen) you will find Skellig Michael. Visiting the island is an absolutely breath-taking experience, Monks lived on the Island from as early as the 8th Centuary and you can visit their monetary even to this day. Be sure to book early as only a limited amount of visitors are permitted on the Island each day.
2. Hiking – Check out some of the amazing trails around Cahersiveen, we recommend the Beentee Loop which has amazing panoramic views.
4. Cahersiveen Festival of Music & Arts – If you happen to be visiting Cahersiveen over the August Bank holiday weekend make sure you make time for the Cahersiveen Festival of Music & Arts, its always a great weekend!
5. Ballycarbery Castle – The absolutely breath-taking Ballycarbery Castle is located just 3km from Cahersiveen and is well worth the trip, especially for those who want to get a great snap for Instagram. Ballycarbery Castle is off the beaten path, and sometimes, if your lucky, you can have the whole place to yourself.
6. Golf – We are blessed with 2 world class golf courses less than 20 km away from Cahersiveen, Hogs Head and Waterville Golf Links are both well worth a visit.
7. Star Gazing – Cahersiveen is located in one of the world’s only 3 Gold Tier International Dark Sky Reserves. When the sun goes down make sure you take in the blanket of stars.
8.Skellig Ring Scenic Drive – If were weren’t lucky enough to get tickets to Skellig Michael, or perhaps the weather is too rough to make the crossing, consider taking a drive around the Skellig Ring. Visit the Kerry Cliffs and stop off at the delicious Skellig Chocolate Factory.
9.Shop – With so many great shops in Cahersiveen be sure you make time to check out the amazing boutiques
10.Visit Skellig Six18 Distillery – Try out Cahersiveen’s latest attraction, Skellig Six18 Distillery and try their amazing artisan Gin.