Why Book Direct?
Why Book Direct?
We are very lucky to live in Cahersiveen, to experience its history and beauty on a daily basis. So we thought we would let you some of our favourite things to do.
1. Visit Skellig Michael – There is a World UNESCO Site right in our back yard, 12 km off the coast of Portmagee (only a short spin down the road from Cahersiveen) you will find Skellig Michael. Visiting the island is an absolutely breath-taking experience, Monks lived on the Island from as early as the 8th Centuary and you can visit their monetary even to this day. Be sure to book early as only a limited amount of visitors are permitted on the Island each day.
2. Hiking – Check out some of the amazing trails around Cahersiveen, we recommend the Beentee Loop which has amazing panoramic views.
3. Visit the Old Barracks Heritage Centre – The Old Barracks is now a Heritage Centre for the Iveragh Peninsula, that has many exhibits that highlight the history of the local area. There are exhibits on the Great Southern and Western Railway, the life of Daniel O’Connell, the Fenin Rising of 1867, the 1916 Rising and Monsignor Hugh O’Flaherty. It gives a great insight into the vast history of the region.
4. Cahersiveen Festival of Music & Arts – If you happen to be visiting Cahersiveen over the August Bank holiday weekend make sure you make time for the Cahersiveen Festival of Music & Arts, its always a great weekend!
5. Ballycarbery Castle – The absolutely breath-taking Ballycarbery Castle is located just 3km from Cahersiveen and is well worth the trip, especially for those who want to get a great snap for Instagram. Ballycarbery Castle is off the beaten path, and sometimes, if your lucky, you can have the whole place to yourself.
7. Star Gazing – Cahersiveen is located in one of the world’s only 3 Gold Tier International Dark Sky Reserves. When the sun goes down make sure you take in the blanket of stars.
8. Skellig Ring Scenic Drive – If were weren’t lucky enough to get tickets to Skellig Michael, or perhaps the weather is too rough to make the crossing, consider taking a drive around the Skellig Ring. Visit the Kerry Cliffs and stop off at the delicious Skellig Chocolate Factory.
9. Shop – With so many great shops in Cahersiveen be sure you make time to check out the amazing boutiques
10. Visit Skellig Six18 Distillery – Try out Cahersiveen’s latest attraction, Skellig Six18 Distillery and try their amazing artisan Gin.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.